OpenText File System Archiving
Take control of your shared file systems
OpenText File System Archiving (formerly Livelink ECM - File System Archiving) enables you to conserve space on your file server and store content indefinitely and securely, using the proven strength of OpenText archiving technologies. Automate the capture of shared file systems into a single repository, and leverage powerful records management controls to comply with policies and simplify the disposal of documents. File System Archiving provides a reliable foundation for your evolving file storage requirements, reducing future integration costs and protecting your investment in existing technology.
File System Archiving is secure and reliable. Based on proven OpenText solutions, you can be confident that an investment in File System Archiving is an investment in long-term storage and archiving capabilities. Physical files are managed by a secure document archive. All contextual metadata information, including auditing, version control, security permissions, and more, is handled by a dedicated metadata management layer.
- Capture content automatically: Configure storage rules according to relevant criteria, such as file size, date, or folder, to control what file system content is archived and to which storage media.
- Accommodate numerous business scenarios: With File System Archiving, you can migrate content out of file systems and replace items with hyperlinked shortcuts to archived content. Clicking a shortcut retrieves the corresponding archived document, creating a seamless end-user experience. Alternatively, you can copy files into the OpenText managed repository. This scenario accommodates organizations who want to consolidate access to content stored in file systems, but do not want to disturb the physical files stored therein. Finally, you can move files into the secure storage repository entirely. This scenario accommodates organizations who want to discontinue usage of file systems altogether.
- Ensure integrity and admissibility of content: Archive content to secure storage media such as WORM, DVD, UDO, or write-once hard disks. Time stamps and system signatures ensure the integrity of documents. Furthermore, you can quickly review activity logs around archived content, including who viewed or edited documents, when, and why.
- Plan for the future: File System Archiving enables you to automate the process of storing content safely in multiple physical locations or on hot stand-by devices. In addition, you can automatically render content into standardized formats, such as PDF and TIFF, to ensure future readability.
- Eliminate redundant content with single instance archiving: Detect multiple instances of content and eliminate redundancies. Compress content automatically to minimize wasted space.
- Comprehensive search: Execute powerful full-text searches across archived file systems, consolidating content from multiple file systems into a single result set.
- Easily restore archived documents: Multiple archived documents can be restored to the original file system (or to a new, specified location) with a single click from the search results. If appropriate, shortcuts are replaced with original files, and content can be optionally left in or removed from the OpenText managed repository.