Document Management and Imaging
OpenText helps healthcare organizations eliminate paper documents by creating a central repository for all patient records that can be integrated with, and accessible from, their existing EMR system.
Despite having invested in EMR technology, many healthcare providers still bear the costs of physically storing, maintaining, and transporting paper patient files. Moreover, with some information stored in the EMR system and some on paper, doctors often work with incomplete information. As a result, doctors too often order unnecessary tests, unaware a patient has already had them in another department or location. These problems create inefficiency, compromise patient care, and drive up the cost of healthcare.
A foundation for managing all healthcare content
The OpenText Healthcare Records Management (HRM) solution is a proven document capture, management, and delivery system. OpenText’s HRM enhances existing EMR systems to include content originally created on paper or output to hardcopy—handwritten notes, prescriptions, faxed test results, emailed referrals, data such as EKG strips.
OpenText HRM assists healthcare organization and clinicians:
- Enhance patient care—Give doctors access to a comprehensive record of each patient’s health and medical history.
- Respond quickly and accurately—Enable clinicians to instantly view a patient’s complete medical record through a familiar EMR interface without having to wait for paper files to be pulled.
- Reduce operating costs—Reduce or eliminate the costs of physically storing and transporting paper files.
- Spend less time on compliance and litigation—Ease the burden of complying with regulations such as HIPAA.
- Invest once, reap many rewards—Automate and manage a range of other paper-based processes and data storage activities critical to operating a healthcare organization.
Want to learn more?
I’d like to learn more about OpenText solutions for healthcare >