Michelin Achieves Flexibility and Scalability to Support their Global Operation
Michelin turned to OpenText for a flexible B2B infrastructure.
The dynamic nature of the automotive industry and the significant growth opportunities in emerging markets presents a significant challenge to companies like Michelin.
In order to minimize their supply chain risk, moving production capacity to other countries, or working more closely with customers in emerging markets, the company required a flexible B2B infrastructure.
- OpenText Active Intelligence
- OpenText Active Invoices
- OpenText B2B Managed Services
- OpenText BIZLINK on Linux
- OpenText Cloud
- OpenText Professional Services
- OpenText Trading Grid
- OpenText Trading Grid® cloud-based integration platform supports Michelin's international operations. Trading Grid provides a secure, scalable, highly reliable platform for the exchange of transactions, such as purchase orders, shipment notices, commercial invoices and payment instructions with its business partners.
- OpenText B2B Managed Services offers Michelin global customer support to proactively manage and monitor all B2B processes and business transactions, ensuring their B2B operations are running smoothly around the clock.
- OpenText Active Invoices enables Michelin to receive invoices electronically from their suppliers - and to send invoices electronically to their customers.
Michelin is one of the two largest tire manufacturers in the world. The company is dedicated to sustainably improving the mobility of goods and people by manufacturing and marketing tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles/motorcycles, earthmovers, farm equipment and trucks. Headquartered in Clermont-Ferrand, France, Michelin is present in more than 170 countries, has 111,200 employees and operates 67 production plans in 17 different countries.