Distell supports business growth through improved information management
OpenText partners with South African beverage business as 10-year ECM journey transforms corporate collaboration, governance and productivity
- Reduce mismanagement and loss of unstructured content
- Retain corporate intellectual property within the business
- Create a searchable archive of enterprise documentation
- Transform corporate culture, creating a collaborative and inclusive global organization
- Improved corporate productivity
- Empowered employees
- Faster and more consistent adoption of innovation and best practice throughout all strands of the business
- Brought collaboration and document management tools within the corporate environment, reducing the dangers of sensitive content being held on third-party applications
Distell is Africa’s leading producer and marketer of spirits, fine wines, ciders, and ready-to-drinks (RTDs). It employs nearly 5,000 people and has an annual turnover in excess of R12,3 billion.
When Distell was formed in 2000 it had 1,700 information workers but due to mainly organic growth and the acquisitions of Bisquit, a French cognac company, and Burn Stewart Distillers, a Scottish whisky producer, that has now grown to 3,000 users spread across over 80 offices, mainly in Southern Africa, but also in eight international locations.