OpenText Document Accessibility
Simplify manual remediation processes, improve document accessibility and enhance compliance
OpenText™ Document Accessibility makes it easy to manually remediate ad hoc PDF documents for low-vision users and helps to create content that is accessible to your entire audience. With automated tagging and a fully featured remediation environment, this solution enables organizations to easily comply with accessibility standards and regulations such as Section 508, Telecom Section 255 and ADA, ACAA, AODA and other legislation.
- Lower the cost of generating accessible content
- Reduce the risk of expensive lawsuits
- Generate greater customer satisfaction and loyalty among a large and growing segment of the population
- Increase engagement and self-service access for low-vision users and create an inclusive environment for all customers
- Enhance organizational social responsibility and competitive advantage over others who may be slower to serve the low-vision population
Simple tagging and remediation interface
Users upload documents into the UI and auto-detection algorithms help to easily add and edit the tags on the PDF. Document Accessibility leverages auto-detection tagging capabilities and applies them to ad hoc documents. Once a document is automatically tagged, the user will have a powerful and intuitive, fully featured remediation environment to edit the tags on the PDF, where they can apply alternate or actual text, add and change headings, modify tables and much more.
- Remediate documents from PDF formats to accessible PDFs (PDF/UA) through the solution’s remediation console
- Easily define the document layout for tagging with a rich graphical user interface using modern heuristic automatic detection algorithms for common page layout features
- Optimize the reading order of the document with customizable headings and alternate text for images
- Define table navigation structures by identifying table row and column elements, including a header row and column
- Maintain visual integrity as you remediate by using boxes to highlight information
An ideal companion tool to our high-volume Automated Output Accessibility offering, OpenText Document Accessibility provides an affordable, scalable solution for automated accessibility tagging in ad hoc documents.