Remote Access Software – OpenText Exceed TurboX
Web-based remote access software for UNIX, Linux and Windows desktops and applications
What is a Remote Desktop or Application?
Remote desktops and applications reside on computer systems that are in a different location than the employee. Using remote access software solutions like OpenText™ Exceed™ TurboX, they are accessed through the web, which allows employees to interact with it as if it were local. Exceed TurboX is one of the best remote access software solutions for UNIX, Linux and Windows.
Exceed TurboX Remote Access Software Features
- High Performance Remote Graphics: Finding a fast and high quality remote access solution for graphical applications is a top priority for many businesses. Engineers, doctors and designers are among the list of professionals that require extremely accurate display of applications over the WAN. An incorrect diagnosis or a misplaced wire in a CAD model could result in a mistake that costs millions of dollars and affects lives. Exceed TurboX offers unrivaled pixel-perfect drawing and precise color rendering, which increases productivity and quality of work.
- Suspend and Resume: With ETX, users can manually suspend their sessions at any time and resume them on any computer they like. By giving users the ability to suspend sessions at will, ETX grants user’s freedom of movement and unties them from physical computers. The practical usage of this feature is limitless. A user can move his X11 application from his desktop computer to his laptop so he can go to a boardroom and show his work in a meeting. An engineer can suspend her design validation process, only to go home and resume it on her personal computer at a later time.
- Software Crash Protection: ETX helps companies stay productive by shielding their users from the frustration of lost work due to network failures. ETX detects network connection disruption and automatically suspends sessions. ETX keeps applications in the user session running even if the user is disconnected from their application servers.
- Ultra-Low Bandwidth Usage: Exceed TurboX is up to 90 percent more bandwidth efficient than traditional X servers, thanks to the highly efficient ThinX Protocol. ETX adapts to a variety of network conditions while ensuring high quality remote display.
- Supercharged Sharing: In a globalized economy, projects require collaborative work from a team of international members. With Exceed TurboX, users from around the globe can share projects and ideas in real time over the internet, by taking advantage of desktop and application sharing for both Windows and X Window sessions.
- Centralized Administration and User Management: Administrators can monitor and manage Exceed TurboX from any location using just a web browser on any computing device. Exceed TurboX keeps users and access management in a centralized database. It reduces the administrative headaches of managing disparate user communities and empowers administrators to control application access on the user and group levels.
Benefits of Exceed TurboX Remote Access Software
- Exceptional responsiveness for high-performance graphical applications
- Increase datacenter density and scalability with NVIDIA GRID vGPU support
- Reduce WAN bandwidth usage by 90% with ThinX transport protocol
- Manage server infrastructure, applications, and users from a central web interface
- Extremely stable sessions with an external session proxy prevents loss of work due to network disconnections or software crashes
- Improve global collaboration with the ability to pass control between users in shared remote sessions
- Simplify your IT infrastructure by managing your UNIX, Linux and Windows applications from a single platform
Virginia Tech Simplifies High Performance Computing Usage via OpenText Exceed TurboX
Read the story
Micronas Speeds Up Product Development with OpenText Exceed TurboX
Read the story
Free Remote Access Software Trial
Fill out the form and an OpenText expert will contact you with instructions to start your free trial.